Examinando Capítulos de libros por Título
Mostrando1 - 12 de 12
Resultados por página
Opciones de clasificación
- Capítulo de libroAlready used and candidate polymeric membranes for CO2 separation plants(2018) Gutiérrez, Juan Pablo; Ale Ruiz, Elisa Liliana; Erdmann, Eleonora"This chapter presents the already used polymeric membranes and the potential candidates for the CO2 acid gas separation. Mainly, this work describes the characteristics of each membrane and the differences according to transport properties, conditions, and quality of the products. In addition to this, the types of membranes according to their capacity to separate CO2 from sources such as CO2/CH4 mixture, natural gas, and flue gases are also described. Also, the energy requirement to accomplish a certain product specification is introduced, this last used for the transport of natural gas. Finally, the characteristics of the potential candidate membranes and challenges for industrial applications are summarized."
- Capítulo de libroThe ARG algorithm: clinical trials in Argentina(2019) Colmegna, Patricio; Garelli, Fabricio; De Battista, Hernán; Bianchi, Fernando D.; Sánchez-Peña, Ricardo"The objective of this work is to present a brief review of the control design problem for glucose regulation in T1DM. In particular, control-oriented models, and robust and time-varying controllers will be mentioned. Characteristics of diabetes in general and T1DM in particular in the context of Latin America will be described. Finally, the Automatic Regulation of Glucose (ARG) algorithm will be presented, including in silico and clinical results."
- Capítulo de libroCan self-compassion predict future anxiety and depression?: A cross-lagged panel model analysis in a Dominican Republic sample(2021) Jiménez Payano, Daniel; García, Luisa; Nazir, Asha; Bonilla, Luz; Veras, Greicy; Rodríguez, Leidy; Rivas, Elain; Tejada, María; Flores Kanter, Pablo Ezequiel"Emotional dysregulation, in the form of anxiety and depression, has a significant economic, social and psychological impact on a global scale. Several approaches have been developed in the hope of helping people to better regulate these emotions, with mixed results. Specifically, third-wave therapies seem to perform particularly well. These therapies share the variable of self-compassion, which both in evolutive and practical terms appears to be a key variable in regulating difficult emotional states such as anxiety and depression. The objective of this research was to verify the adjustment of an explanatory model of anxiety and depression, which considers the effect of self-compassion. A sample of 371 residents in Dominican Republic was used and a cross-lagged panel model analysis was carried out. The measurement model fit the data well. Also, it is possible to verify that self-compassion at time 1 predicts depression and anxiety at Time 2 in a theoretically coherent direction. Clinical implications for non-WEIRD countries are discussed."
- Capítulo de libroChitosan: from organic pollutants to high-value polymeric materials(2017) Errea, María Inés; Rossi, Ezequiel; Goyanes, Silvia Nair; D'Accorso, Norma Beatriz"...chitosan has proved to be versatile for so many industrial applications and its versatility is the main value of this polymer. However, the lability at acidic pH of chitosan is a limiting factor that affects mainly its industrial implementation for the removal of metallic anions from water. In addition, the physical and mechanical properties may vary between two manufacturing batches due to the characteristic polydispersity of chitosan with respect to molecular weight and degree of acetylation. This variation could affect the industrial process and in some cases, when strict specifications are requested (e.g., drug delivery), increase the final cost of the product because a purification step prior to use is required. Briefly, despite of the disadvantages mentioned before, due to its great versatility, its nontoxicity, its biodegradability, and the fact that it has a renewable resource, the industrial interest in chitosan and its application has been increasing remarkably in the last years."
- Capítulo de libroEnhanced anti-stokes Raman gain in nonlinear waveguides(2019) Sánchez, Alfredo D.; Hernández, Santiago M.; Bonetti, Juan I.; Grosz, Diego; Fierens, Pablo Ignacio"We show that, under certain conditions, modulation instability in nonlinear waveguides gives rise to the usual double-sideband spectral structure, but with a Raman gain profile. This process is enabled by the energy transfer from a strong laser pump to both Stokes and antiStokes sidebands in a pseudo-parametric fashion. We believe this striking behavior to be of particular value in the area of Raman-based sensors which rely on sensitive measurements of the anti-Stokes component".
- Capítulo de libroFault-tolerant systems for unmanned multirotor aerial vehicles(2020) Giribet, Juan I.; Pose, Claudio D.; Mas, Ignacio"This chapter presents some recent results on fault-tolerant control systems for unmanned aerial systems, in particular for multirotor-type vehicles, commonly known as drones. Over the last years, these vehicles have become widely popular. Simplicity and cost-effectiveness have turned out to be very appealing and, as a consequence, an increasing number of applications have risen in many fields such as agriculture, surveillance, and photography, among others. As mission requirements become more demanding, the matter of fault tolerance emerges as a key challenge, especially if system certification is sought. Here, the focus is placed particularly on rotor failures in multirotor vehicles, and a specific definition for fault tolerance is considered based on the maneuverability capabilities in case of a failure. A geometric analysis is presented to evaluate the fault tolerant capabilities of a given vehicle, together with an experimental validation. Then, the limitations of this concept are analyzed. Finally, a novel reconfigurable structure is proposed for a fault-tolerant hexarotor, that presents good flight performance in failure cases, together with experimental results."
- Capítulo de libroGames and gamification in the classroom(2020) Gómez, Silvia Alicia"The power of seduction generated by video games in the new generations makes its use in education promising, which helps to achieve a highly motivated group of students and obtain a more efficient learning. This is how the Serious Games and the Gamification arise. The first ones are interactive software specially designed to favor the acquisition of knowledge and skills or behavior changes, in an environment similar to videogames. The second one just applies the elements and mechanisms that make videogames captivating, although used in non-game contexts. The idea behind this consists in offering students playful/fun motivational experiences and transforming the learning process into a much more attractive one. The experiences already conducted with both proposals provide results that invite us to continue moving forward on that path."
- Capítulo de libro(Heterogeneous) Structured specifications in logics without interpolation(2018) López Pombo, Carlos G.; Frías, Marcelo"The world of software development has become intrinsically heterogeneous. Many formal languages have been made available to help analysts and designers model different aspects of software. Some examples in the logic realm are equational logic and classical rst-order logic, propositional temporal logics such as LTL and CTL (and their rst-order versions), multimodal logics such as the dynamic logic PDL and its rst-order version, etc. One important feature of a specification language is the existence of structuring mechanisms enabling the modular construction of system descriptions. Structured specifications were introduced by Wirsing for rst-order logic, and later presented in the language-independent setting of institutions by Sannella and Tarlecki. Afterwards, Borzyszkowski presented suffcient conditions for a calculus for (homogeneous) structured speci cations to be complete. These conditions include some form of Craig's interpolation, which results in a scenario that excludes many formalisms employed in the description of software. The contributions of this article are then summarised as follows: a) We present a calculus for structured specifications whose completeness proof does not require any form of interpolation. b)We extend this calculus to a complete calculus for heterogeneous structured specifications."
- Capítulo de libroImmersive virtual reality for learning experiences(2020) Gómez, Leticia Irene"The emergence of immersive virtual reality systems, which offer virtual environments of high interactivity for the user, become attractive to be incorporated into the classroom because they generate motivation in the students and facilitate the tasks that lead to a better representation of spatial knowledge. Virtual worlds are an excellent means of experimental learning, especially to replace real contexts that are impossible to use due to time or space restrictions, or that are unsafe for a student to address. Neuroeducation experts believe that virtual reality technology is promising for its ability to create 3D scenes that allow students to generate vivid and emotional experiences."
- Capítulo de libroIntroducción a la Ingeniería en el ITBA(2020) Löwi, Débora Judith"En Introducción a la Ingeniería en el ITBA se dicta en el marco de la materia Comunicación del curso de ingreso a la universidad. La materia propone un espacio curricular pensado especialmente para que los estudiantes adquieran y desarrollen competencias y habilidades ligadas a la comunicación y tengan una primera aproximación a las tareas que realiza un ingeniero. El dictado de la materia está a cargo de una pareja pedagógica compuesta por un profesor en letras y un ingeniero, quien se encarga de desarrollar las competencias de resolución de problemas vinculados con el quehacer profesional del futuro ingeniero, siendo uno de los principales objetivos de la materia reforzar la elección profesional."
- Capítulo de libroLipid electropore stabilization(2017-08) Fernández, María Laura; Risk, Marcelo"The stabilization of pores can be studied by different approaches such as simulations in silico or experimental procedures in vivo or in vitro. The energy to open a pore in a lipid membrane can be delivered by different external stimuli. To disrupt the membrane and initiate the pore opening, this energy has to reach a threshold. Then, once the pore is open, the external stimulus can be modulated to maintain the pore stable in time. This chapter first describes the basics of electropermeabilization, a process also called electroporation, and the basics of molecular dynamics in electropermeabilization. The chapter then describes in detail the molecular changes that lead to the pore opening and evolution by molecular dynamics. The chapter focuses on molecular dynamics because this technique allows the study of pore stabilization at molecular level, the interpretation of the lipid and water molecule rearrangements that are behind this phenomenon, and the visualization of the pore at the scale of size and time, in the order of nanometers and nanoseconds, respectively. Finally, the chapter also describes other approaches where pores remain open or the permeabilized state remains stable for a period of time, such as continuum modeling, experiments in planar membranes, and experiments in cells. The objective of this selection is to relate the results obtained by molecular dynamics with those obtained experimentally, or by other types of modeling, aiming to connect the mechanisms of pore stabilization by molecular dynamics at different scales."
- Capítulo de libroNanotechnology and the environment(2020) Gentile, Guillermina José; Fidalgo de Cortalezzi, María Marta"This chapter presents different phenomena that arise when nanomaterials reach the environment, with emphasis in water systems. Transformations on the surface of nanomaterials and nanoparticles because of adsorption of macromolecules and metals cations, as well as biological interactions alter their colloidal stability, originating in some cases homoaggregation or heteroaggregation, which in turn affects their fate and transport. Some engineering applications of nanomaterials are highlighted: as adsorbents, as enhancers of water filtration, providing antifouling, catalytic, and antibacterial activity, and as catalysts, giving special attention to photoactivity and to the removal of indoor air contaminants as volatile organic compounds."