Examinando por Materia "WEB SEMANTICA"
Mostrando1 - 5 de 5
Resultados por página
Opciones de clasificación
- Proyecto final de GradoCalidad de datos en Linked Data(2018) Alderete, Facundo; de la Puerta Echeverría, María; Romarión, Germán Rodrigo; Vaisman, Alejandro Ariel
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaEfficient analytical queries on semantic web data cubes(2017-12) Etcheverry, Lorena; Vaisman, Alejandro Ariel"The amount of multidimensional data published on the semantic web (SW) is constantly increasing, due to initiatives such as Open Data and Open Government Data, among other ones. Models, languages, and tools, that allow obtaining valuable information e ciently, are thus required. Multidimensional data are typically represented as data cubes, and exploited using Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) techniques. The RDF Data Cube Vocabulary, also denoted QB, is the current W3C standard to represent statistical data on the SW. Given that QB does not include key features needed for OLAP analysis, in previous work we have proposed an extension, denoted QB4OLAP, to overcome this problem without the need of modifying already published data. Once data cubes are appropriately represented on the SW, we need mechanisms to analyze them. However, in the current state-of-the-art, writing e cient analytical queries over SW data cubes demands a deep knowledge of standards like RDF and SPARQL. These skills are unlikely to be found in typical analytical users. Further, OLAP languages like MDX are far from being easily understood by the final user. The lack of friendly tools to exploit multidimensional data on the SW is a barrier that needs to be broken to promote the publication of such data. This is the problem we address in this paper. Our approach is based on allowing analytical users to write queries using what they know best: OLAP operations over data cubes, without dealing with SW technicalities. For this, we devised CQL (standing for Cube Query Language), a simple, high-level query language that operates over data cubes. Taking advantage of structural metadata provided by QB4OLAP, we translate CQL queries into SPARQL ones. Then, we propose query improvement strategies to produce e cient SPARQL queries, adapting general-purpose SPARQL query optimization techniques. We evaluate our implementation using the Star-Schema benchmark, showing that our proposal outperforms others. The QB4OLAP toolkit,a web application that allows exploring and querying (using CQL) SW data cubes, completes our contributions."
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaMapping spatiotemporal data to RDF: a SPARQL endpoint for Brussels(2019) Vaisman, Alejandro Ariel; Chentout, Kevin"This paper describes how a platform for publishing and querying linked open data for the Brussels Capital region in Belgium is built. Data are provided as relational tables or XML documents and are mapped into the RDF data model using R2RML, a standard language that allows defining customized mappings from relational databases to RDF datasets. In this work, data are spatiotemporal in nature; therefore, R2RML must be adapted to allow producing spatiotemporal Linked Open Data.Data generated in this way are used to populate a SPARQL endpoint, where queries are submitted and the result can be displayed on a map. This endpoint is implemented using Strabon, a spatiotemporal RDF triple store built by extending the RDF store Sesame. The first part of the paper describes how R2RML is adapted to allow producing spatial RDF data and to support XML data sources. These techniques are then used to map data about cultural events and public transport in Brussels into RDF. Spatial data are stored in the form of stRDF triples, the format required by Strabon. In addition, the endpoint is enriched with external data obtained from the Linked Open Data Cloud, from sites like DBpedia, Geonames, and LinkedGeoData, to provide context for analysis. The second part of the paper shows, through a comprehensive set of the spatial extension to SPARQL (stSPARQL) queries, how the endpoint can be exploited."
- Ponencia en CongresoQuerying semantic web data cubes(2016) Etcheverry, Lorena; Vaisman, Alejandro Ariel"We address the problem of querying data cubes for Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) analysis, directly on the Semantic Web (SW). We rst introduce CQL, a simple algebra for querying data cubes at a conceptual level. Taking advantage of QB4OLAP metadata, we automatically translate CQL queries into SPARQL ones, and propose query optimization strategies that adapt, to the particular OLAP set ting, general-purpose techniques. A web application allows exploring and querying OLAP cubes on the SW, using the machinery presented here."
- Ponencia en CongresoAn RDF vocabulary for meta-programming with SPARQL algebra(2016) Ceriani, Miguel; Vaisman, Alejandro Ariel"SPARQL queries can be represented in RDF in order to work with them as first-class citizen in Semantic Web applications. The representation used so far, SPIN SPARQL, closely follows the abstract syntax tree, but fails to di rectly capture the semantics and is hard to work with for query rewriting. Here a novel vocabulary based on SPARQL Algebra is presented. The adequacy of the language is empirically shown through a few examples. "