Examinando por Materia "SISTEMAS DE CONMUTACION"
Mostrando1 - 10 de 10
Resultados por página
Opciones de clasificación
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaA characterization of Integral ISS for switched and time-varying systems(2018-02) Haimovich, Hernán; Mancilla-Aguilar, J. L."Most of the existing characterizations of the integral input-to-state stability (iISS) property are not valid for time-varying or switched systems in cases where converse Lyapunov theorems for stability are not available. This paper provides a characterization that is valid for switched and time-varying systems, and shows that natural extensions of some of the existing characterizations result in only sufficient but not necessary conditions. The results provided also pinpoint suitable iISS gains and relate these to supply functions and bounds on the function defining the system dynamics."
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaAn extension of LaSalle’s invariance principle for switched systems(2006) Mancilla-Aguilar, J. L.; García Galiñanes, Rafael"This paper addresses invariance principles for a certain class of switched nonlinear systems. We provide an extension of LaSalle’s Invariance Principle for these systems and state asymptotic stability criteria. We also present some related results that deal with the compactness of the trajectories of these switched systems and that are interesting by their own."
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaGlobal stability results for switched systems based on weak Lyapunov functions(2017-06) Mancilla-Aguilar, J. L.; Haimovich, Hernán; García Galiñanes, Rafael"In this paper we study the stability of nonlinear and time-varying switched systems under restricted switching. We approach the problem by decomposing the system dynamics into a nominal-like part and a perturbationlike one. Most stability results for perturbed systems are based on the use of strong Lyapunov functions, i.e. functions of time and state whose total time derivative along the nominal system trajectories is bounded by a negative definite function of the state. However, switched systems under restricted switching may not admit strong Lyapunov functions, even when asymptotic stability is uniform over the set of switching signals considered. The main contribution of the current paper consists in providing stability results that are based on the stability of the nominal-like part of the system and require only a weak Lyapunov function. These results may have wider applicability than results based on strong Lyapunov functions. The results provided follow two lines. First, we give very general global uniform asymptotic stability results under reasonable boundedness conditions on the functions that define the dynamics of the nominal-like and the perturbation-like parts of the system. Second, we provide input-to-state stability (ISS) results for the case when the nominal-like part is switched linear-timevarying. We provide two types of ISS results: standard ISS that involves the essential supremum norm of the input and a modified ISS that involves a power-type norm."
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaISS implies iISS even for switched and time-varying systems (if you are careful enough)(2019-06) Haimovich, Hernán; Mancilla-Aguilar, J. L."For time-invariant systems, the property of input-to-state stability (ISS) is known to be strictly stronger than integral-ISS (iISS). Known proofs of the fact that ISS implies iISS employ Lyapunov characterizations of both properties. For time-varying and switched systems, such Lyapunov characterizations may not exist, and hence establishing the exact relationship between ISS and iISS remained an open problem, until now. In this paper, we solve this problem by providing a direct proof, i.e. without requiring Lyapunov characterizations, of the fact that ISS implies iISS, in a very general time-varying and switched-system context. In addition, we show how to construct suitable iISS gains based on the comparison functions that characterize the ISS property, and on bounds on the function f defining the system dynamics. When particularized to time-invariant systems, our assumptions are even weaker than existing ones. Another contribution is to show that for time-varying systems, local Lipschitz continuity of f in all variables is not sufficient to guarantee that ISS implies iISS. We illustrate application of our results on an example that does not admit an iISS-Lyapunov function."
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaRobustness properties of an algorithm for the stabilisation of switched systems with unbounded perturbations(2017-05) Mancilla-Aguilar, J. L.; García Galiñanes, Rafael"In this paper, it is shown that an algorithm for the stabilisation of switched systems introduced by the authors is robust with respect to perturbations which are unbounded in the supremum norm, but bounded in a power-like sense. The obtained stability results comprise, among others, both the exponential input-to-state stability and the exponential integral input-to-state stability properties of the closed-loop system and give a better description of the behaviour of the closed-loop system. "
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaA state estimation strategy for a nonlinear switched system with unknown switching signals(2021) Benítez, Oscar; García Galiñanes, Rafael"A strategy is presented to estimate the state of a nonlinear autonomous switched system, with no knowledge of the switching signal, except its dwell time. To do so, algorithms to estimate the switching times and the current mode of the system are developed. The estimation of the switching times is based on approximating the second ( generalised) derivative of the output of the system via a convolution of this signal with a suitable function and on detecting the corresponding spikes. To estimate the modes, a scheme based on the use of a bank of observers (one for each mode) and of a bank of subsystems (for each step of the estimation process a suitable subset of the subsystems of the switched system) is developed. The algorithms run regardless of the state observer model, as long as its output error norm decays exponentially with a controlled decay rate."
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaUniform asymptotic stability of switched nonlinear time-varying systems and detectability of reduced limiting control systems(2018) Mancilla-Aguilar, J. L.; García Galiñanes, Rafael"This paper is concerned with the study of both, local and global, uniform asymptotic stability for switched nonlinear time-varying (NLTV) systems through the detectability of outputmaps. With this aim the notion of reduced limiting control systems for switched NLTV systems whose switchings verify time/state dependent constraints, and the concept of weakly zerostate detectability for those reduced limiting systems are introduced. Necessary and sufficient conditions for the (global)uniform asymptotic stability of families of trajectories of the switched system are obtained in terms of this detectability property. These sufficient conditions in conjunction with the existence of multiple weak Lyapunov functions, yield a criterion for the (global) uniform asymptotic stability of families of trajectories of the switched system. This criterion can be seen as an extension of the classical Krasovskii-LaSalle theorem. An interesting feature of the results is that no dwell-time assumptions are made. Moreover, they can be used for establishing the global uniform asymptotic stability of switched NLTV system under arbitrary switchings. The effectiveness of the proposed results is illustrated by means of various interesting examples, including the stability analysis of a semi-quasi-Z-source inverter."
- Ponencia en CongresoUniform asymptotic stability of switched systems via detectability of reduced control systems(2018-06) Mancilla-Aguilar, J. L.; García Galiñanes, Rafael"In this paper we present a criterion for the uniform global asymptotic stability of switched nonlinear systems with time/state-dependent switching constraints but with no dwell-time assumptions. This criterion is based on the existence of multiple weak common Lyapunov functions and on a detectability property of a reduced control system."
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaUniform input-to-state stability for switched and time-varying impulsive systems(2020-12) Mancilla-Aguilar, J. L.; Haimovich, Hernán"We provide a Lyapunov-function-based method for establishing different types of uniform input-to-state stability (ISS) for time-varying impulsive systems. The method generalizes to impulsive systems with inputs the well established philosophy of assessing the stability of a system by reducing the problem to that of the stability of a scalar system given by the evolution of the Lyapunov function on the system trajectories. This reduction is performed in such a way that the resulting scalar system has no inputs. Novel sufficient conditions for ISS are provided, which generalize existing results for time-invariant and time-varying, switched and nonswitched, impulsive and nonimpulsive systems in several directions."
- Artículo de Publicación PeriódicaUniform stability properties of switched systems with switchings governed by digraphs(2005-05) Mancilla-Aguilar, J. L.; García Galiñanes, Rafael; Sontag, E.; Wang, Y."Characterizations of various uniform stability properties of switched systems described by differential inclusions, and whose switchings are governed by a digraph, are developed. These characterizations are given in terms of stability properties of the system with restricted switchings and also in terms of Lyapunov functions."